Wednesday 30 July 2014

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch and Review

So if you've been following along, I've got more Rainbow Honey this week and up next is a handful from the latest and greatest collection - Summer Mixtape! And in case you're wondering... HELL YEAH THERE'S A SUMMER MIXTAPE! I am surprised no one is mentioning it either because the mixtape kicks ass! Check it out on Rainbow Honey's Soundcloud here. Does it make more sense for you? Because honestly I found the playlist tied everything together for me. Up on deck first is Rainbow Honey Night Sky.

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

From Rainbow Honey: Let this mix of stars, moons, and shimmery glitters be the fire in your eyes!

In case you're wondering about the crypticness, "Night Sky" is based on the namesake by a band called Chvrches (whom I've actually shot in concert as well) - they're awesome! Here's a direct link to the song. This is purely a glitter topper and it doesn't have any intention for a build-up potential. For the base colour, I actually used another polish Rainbow Honey had sent me in their pilot Mystery Bags from Christmas 2013. It's only called 'Sample' and I don't believe it was ever officially released. (You can see it alone here.) Application wise, Rainbow Honey Night Sky is a fairly densed glitter topper and all you need is one coat. Finishing it off with a top coat gives it a nice effortlessly pretty look!

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch

I love taming my glitter polishes with a matte look, so here's how it looks with one coat of OPI Matte Top Coat:

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch (with OPI Matte Top Coat)

Rainbow Honey Night Sky Swatch (with OPI Matte Top Coat)

Overall, this polish was great. Typically I am not a fan of moon glitter, but the stars and easy application made this one a winner. I wore the matte look to the last wedding of the summer that I had to shoot and it was a big hit with the bridesmaids - fellow lacqueristas they were too!

If you like this polish, check out the rest of the Summer Mixtape collection on Rainbow Honey's website and until August 18th, 2014 - you can use the code MIXTAPE20 to get 20% off your purchase.

What do you think of this "summer mixtape" inspired polish? What would you consider your 'track of the summer'? How would you pair up Night Sky?

Full disclosure: This sample was provided for an unbiased review.

11 comments:

  1. I love Chrvrches and Night Sky is one of my favorite songs! Hello justification for buying this polish, doesn't hurt that it's beautiful! Lovely swatches and I'm jealous that you've seen them live! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chuvrches is so good live, I hope you get to see them one day! I hope you used the MIXTAPE20 discount too - I am always about getting a good deal, lol.

      Delete
  2. Did you have to fish for the glitter? Because the last two glitter toppers I've gotten (non-RH), I practically had to dump the bottle to get the big pieces, and that's not okay. Super gorgeous though!!! I was dying to see your review of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I didn't have to fish at all! I got plenty of variance with each brush! Sometimes I did want a bit of placement so I would put a moon or star in a "reserve" in the bottle neck so I can get it quicker later but I didn't have any issues at all. Hope that helps! :D

      Delete
  3. The moon and the stars are so cute! Beautiful manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't like moon and stars (Revlon put one out a while ago that was awful) but this one was great!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of moon glitter either. You have to push it into the center so it lays flat :S
    I like the combination of the two polishes though. It reminds me a little bit of RH's Lumine Hall which I ADORE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or use like, three coats of top coat, haha! I'm not a huge fan of large shaped glitter to begin with. My nails are really curved so it doesn't take very well. This one did OK though! I'm pretty impressed. :)

      Lumine Hall is still in my stash on untrieds - I'm going to have to try it!

      Delete
  5. Gah... I love that batman ring! Would you mind sharing where you got it?

    Also, have always been in love with your blog name <3 Cthulhu!!

    ReplyDelete