Thursday 17 April 2014

Rainbow Honey Bourbon Rose Perfume Rollerball Review

I know this is a polish blog and it will always be primarily a polish blog but it just so happens that my favourite indie brand of all time (this should be an obvious one) - Rainbow Honey - is starting to branch out into other things. We've seen a sneak peak at rollerball perfumes in Mystery Bags, and most recently, lip balm and cosmetic pigment! So, once in a while, I will do... non-nail polish posts. *gasp!* Don't worry though, I'll figure it out. Somehow.

OPI Sheer Tints

Enter Rainbow Honey Bourbon Rose. The website shop describes the scent as "Bourbon and Rose Geraniums meet Lemongrass and Grapefruit tied down with a milky Sandalwood base". It definitely has a distinct floral rose-like hint to it, and has a tinge of sweetness too. Originally I couldn't quite pin it down what the sweetness was, but grapefruit sounds about right to me!

The rollerballs are great because you can control how strong you want the scent to be. It isn't an overwhelming scent by any means - it's very fresh and subtle. Some floral and fruit perfumes tend to be really overwhelming and strong giving off a "cheap" vibe, but Bourbon Rose has just the right amount of scent power to give you a classy feel. I find that by the end of the day, it needs a bit of reapplication but the cute tiny glass vials are perfect to bring around! I would still keep it in the card slip that the perfumes come in, though. I just wouldn't want to risk any glass breakage!

OPI Sheer Tints

These are just being introduced so the bottles are screenprinted yet but I think they deserve to be a hit! I personally like the idea of their scented top coats, but having an option for the scent is far more appealing to me! Perfumes were being sold by Rainbow Honey back when they first hit the indie scene, even before the Equestria collection so I am glad they are bringing these back.

Have you tried any of Rainbow Honey's new perfume rollerballs? Is it about time that they brought these back or what?

2 comments:

  1. Rollerball perfumes is a great idea! Like you said you can better control the amount that you use and they are easier to carry around.
    It's nice to see that they are branching out into cosmetics, it means they're doing really well - I think so anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're doing so well that their store is shut down from needing to restock. Absolutely insane right now. Feeling pretty proud of my complete collection right now, lol. :3

      Delete